The Prince William County School Board will have a couple of new members this fall.
Stonewall Jackson High School rising senior Ben Kim and Hylton High School rising senior Caroline Silvera have been named student representatives for the upcoming school year, according to a release from Prince William County Public Schools (PWCS).
This is the second consecutive year Kim has served in this role.
Woodbridge High School rising senior Ashley Menjivar is going to be the alternate.
Student representatives act as non-voting members who attend board meetings and lead the Student Representative Senate.
They are also responsible for gathering the views of high school students about issues.
These are the 2020-21 Student Senate members:
- Nia Brooks — Brentsville District High School in Nokesville
- Trent Fisher — Independence Nontraditional School in Manassas
- Shane Goodson — Stonewall Jackson High School in Manassas
- Syrell Grier — Gar-Field High School in Woodbridge
- Seemeen Hanan — Osbourn Park High School in Manassas
- Samir Herrera — Freedom High School in Woodbridge
- Aisha Khan — Woodbridge High School
- Marilyn Lontchi — Potomac High School in Dumfries
- Victoria Miranda — Hylton High School in Woodbridge
- Benjamin Raidman — Forest Park High School in Woodbridge
- Lauren Snowden — Patriot High School in Nokesville
- Naomi Solomon — Colgan High School in Manassas
- Muhammad Usufzai — Battlefield High School in Haymarket