The Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue was called to a house fire in Bristow.
According to a release, units were dispatched at 10:40 a.m. to a single family home on Vixen Court.
“Upon entry firefighters observed a fire in the kitchen microwave that extended to the kitchen cabinets. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire,” stated a release.
Individuals in the home were asleep at the time of the fire and were woken up by smoke detectors. They were all safely evacuated.
“Although the fire was contained to the kitchen, the kitchen and dining room areas sustained smoke damage,” stated a release.
The Fire Marshal’s Office has assessed damages at $20,000, according to a release.
© Copyright 2018 What's Up Prince William. All Rights Reserved