The Prince William Health District (PWHD) Call Center is getting some assistance from area libraries.
Staff members from the 12 branches in the Prince William Public Libraries (PWPL) are scheduling vaccine appointments and offering phone support.
To reach the call center, call 703-872-7759 between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
Because employees are helping at the call center, only Contact-Free Curbside Pickup Service will be provided, according to an article on the county’s website.
While community members can’t go into the facilities, services are still available.
Visitors may set up a time to pick up items by calling the branch of their choosing or visiting the PWPL webpage.
Here is more information about when the various libraries are open:
- Bull Run Library, 8051 Ashton Avenue in Manassas; Central Library, 8601 Mathis Avenue in Manassas; Chinn Park Library, 13065 Chinn Park Drive in Woodbridge; Haymarket Gainesville Community Library, 14870 Lightner Road in Haymarket; Manassas City Library, 10104 Dumfries Road in Manassas; Montclair Community Library, 5049 Waterway Drive in Montclair; Potomac Community Library, 2201 Opitz Boulevard in Woodbridge
- Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Dale City Neighborhood Library, 4249 Dale Boulevard in Dale City; Dumfries Library, 18115 Triangle Shopping Plaza in Dumfries; Independent Hill Neighborhood Library, 14418 Bristow Road in Manassas; Lake Ridge Library, 2239 Old Bridge Road in Woodbridge; Nokesville Neighborhood Library, 12993 Fitzwater Drive in Nokesville:
- Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.;
- Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Closed Friday and Sunday.
Providing volunteers for the call center is the most recent way that the library system has helped out.
Last March, employees made masks for county staff. In September, PWPL set up WiFi hotspots, which community members have checked out more than 400 times.