The sacrifice of several law enforcement officers aren’t being forgotten in Prince William County.
Eighteen individuals who lived or worked in local communities will be remembered next month.
A memorial and tribute service for the fallen officers is taking place at the Ferlazzo Building, 15941 Donald Curtis Drive in Woodbridge, according to a release from the Prince William County Police Department (PWCPD).
The Prince William County Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association is sponsoring the free event, which starts at 7 p.m on May 6.
Here is more information about the fallen officers:
- Justice of the Peace Thomas Simms Meredith, Prince William County Circuit Court – July 1922
- Trooper Jackie M. Bussard, Virginia State Police – May 1970
- Officer Paul T. White Jr., Prince William County Police – October 1973
- Investigator Claude Everett Seymour, Virginia State Police – April 1975
- Trooper Johnny R. Bowman, Virginia State Police – August 1984
- Sergeant John D. Conner III, Manassas City Police – July 1988
- Officer Phillip M. Pennington, Prince William County Police – November 1990
- Trooper Jose M. Cavazos, Virginia State Police – February 1993
- Special Agent William H. Christian Jr., Federal Bureau of Investigation – May 1995
- Detective John M. Gibson, United States Capitol Police – July 1998
- Officer Marlon E. Morales, Metro Transit Police – June 2001
- Special Agent Robert Martin Roth, Federal Bureau of Investigation – March 2008
- Second Lt. Francis Joseph Stecco, Fairfax County Police – October 2008
- Special Agent Chad L. Michael, Drug Enforcement Administration – October 2009
- Special Agent Forrest N. Leamon, Drug Enforcement Administration – October 2009
- Officer Paul Michael Dittamo, Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police – October 2010
- Officer Chris Yung, Prince William County Police – December 2012
- Officer Ashley M. Guindon, Prince William County Police – February 2016