Litter is losing its place in Prince William County.
The Prince William Soil and Water Conservation District (PWSWCD) is leading and participating in several cleanup events during the next few months.
PWSWCD is a Manassas-based agency that aims to protect and improve local resources, according to the organization’s website.
Here is more information about the upcoming cleanups:
- February 23, 9 a.m. – Noon: Quantico Creek Cleanup
- Meet at Dumfries Elementary School
- 3990 Cameron Street in Dumfries
- March 2: 2019 Big County Spring Stream Cleanup
- Neabsco Eagles Park
- 15801 Neabsco Road in Woodbridge
- March 16, 9 a.m. – Noon: Phase 4 Costco Manassas Cleanup Project
- March 23: Powell’s Creek Cleanup
- Parking: 15601 Northgate Drive in Montclair
- Rain date: March 30
- April 13: Occoquan River Cleanup
- Led by Friends of the Occoquan (FOTO)
- April 20, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: 10th Annual Occoquan River Cleanup
- Led by Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition (PWTSC)