Many came out to support local awardees.
The Dale City Civic Association (DCCA) Annual Awards Banquet took place on Saturday.
Emergency personnel, teachers and county residents were recognized at the awards banquet, which saw about 300 attendees.
It was held at VFW Post 1503 in Dale City.
The DCCA runs programs and events throughout the year. Its members meet at 7 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the Birchdale Recreation Center, 14730 Birchdale Avenue in Dale City.
Citizens can participate in the meetings, where they will learn about the community and getting involved in DCCA.
Here are the award banquet honorees:
- High School Teacher of the Year: Jason Brown — C.D. Hylton High School in Woodbridge
- Middle School Teacher of the Year: Kristen Morris — Stuart M. Beville Middle School in Dale City
- Elementary School Teacher of the Year: Toni Brown — Bel Air Elementary School in Dale City
- DCVFD Firefighter of the Year: Technician Peter Langone
- DCVFD Cadet of the Year: Cadet Majd Mansour
- DCVFD Officer of the Year: Sergeant Andrew Kelly
- DCVFD EMS Provider of the Year: Sergeant Joseph Krimmer
- Kathleen Seefeldt Community Service Award: Sharon Stone
- Business of the Year: One Stop Awards & Apparel in Woodbridge
- David G. Brickley Youth Environmental and Conservation Award: Michele Aguilar-Flores — Gar-Field High School in Dale City
- Deloris C. Hampton Future Teacher Memorial Scholarship: Daniela Avelar — Freedom High School in Woodbridge
- Deputy Sheriff of the Year: Deputy Nieves “Gladys” Russell
- Police Officer of the Year: Officer Tyler Reza
- Kathie Feeney Nurse of the Year: Matthew (Matt) Blackington — Sentara
- PWC Department of Fire and Rescue Career – EMT Provider of the Year: Technician II Yasmin Ahmady
- Ernestine S. Jenkins Lifetime Volunteer Achievement Award: Marilyn Avery — Gar-Field High School
- Catherine Spellane Citizen of the Year: Marilyn Sykes — Ebenezer Baptist Church in Woodbridge
- John D. Jenkins Youth Citizen of the Year Award: Camy Diaz — Gar-Field High School