Children are joining together and sharing their voices with the public.
Volunteers are being sought for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Choir.
Kindergarten- through 12th-grade students who live in Prince William County, Manassas and Manassas Park may take part in the choir, which is performing in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratorical program on January 20.
Organized by the Prince William County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority (PWCAC DST), the program is occurring between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the Hylton Memorial Chapel, 14640 Potomac Mills Road in Woodbridge.
Ivory Lawrence Coleman is directing the choir, which students can receive community service hours for, according to a release from PWCAC DST.
Four rehearsals will be offered. Here is more information about when and where they’re taking place:
- December 14, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Weems Elementary School, 8750 Weems Road in Manassas
- January 4, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Chinn Library, 13065 Chinn Park Drive in Woodbridge
- January 17, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- First Baptist Church, 9258 Center Street in Manassas
- January 18, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Hylton Memorial Chapel, 14640 Potomac Mills Road in Woodbridge
To sign up for the choir, email PWC.MLKCommunityChoir@gmail.com.