Drivers have the chance to win one year of free travel on the Express Lanes.
According to a relase, Transurban – the company that owns and operates the Express Lanes – has launched their “Go the Billionth Mile” contest. The contest is being run through September 23, as the company anticipates a driver will hit the one billionth mile driven on the 495 and 95 Express Lanes in that time frame.
The driver that hits that billionth mile on the lanes will win one full year of free travel on the 495 and 95 Express Lanes, according to a release. The “free travel” maxes out at a $5,000 value.
“It’s a pleasure to have provided our customers time savings for nearly one billion miles of travel as we approach the five-year anniversary of the 495 Express Lanes. We are excited to thank a lucky driver with a year of free travel, and we encourage our customers to travel safely this September for a chance to win,” stated Transurban Vice President of Operations Leigh Petschel in a release.
More on eligibility and contest rules, from Transurban:
To be eligible:
- Customers must be a licensed driver over the age of 18
- Customers must have a valid Virginia E-ZPass®
- Customers must be legal residents of the United States residing in Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia
- Customers must have driven on the Express Lanes at least ten times between September 23, 2016 and September 23, 2017
How will it work:
- No registration is necessary
- Transurban will send the winning E-ZPass® number to Virginia E-ZPass®
- Virginia E-ZPass® will contact the winner and provide them with a point of contact at Transurban to claim their prize
- All eligible customers should be on the lookout for an email or phone call from Virginia E-ZPass® this September
For the best chance to win, customers are encouraged to travel on the 495 and 95 Express Lanes each day during the two-week period. For more information and a full list of rules please